Friday, April 06, 2012

"Comedy Nation this Week" - April 6, 2012

Here’s today’s podcast with me, Laurie Buckley, Dave Plunkett and host Bill Bronner:


Panelists discuss strip searches, CISPA, cell phone tracking, Oaksterdam and more.


Trippitorial - Editorials


I am so tired of people who write editorials. Every week they whine on and on about what they believe and they think that’s what you should believe and if you don’t believe what they believe then you’re an idiot, when all along they’re the idiot.

Who do these people think they are? And why would anybody listen to them? I hope you’re listening.

You don’t see me giving my opinion…unless you’re watching this. And you don’t hear me give my opinion unless you’re listening.

Nobody wants to hear anybody else's opinion. When’s the last time you woke up and thought, “Gee, I wonder what somebody else is thinking?”

Probably never. In fact, most people woke up this morning hoping the person sleeping next to them would just shut-up.

Sure, maybe you have an opinion. Does that mean I want to hear it? No.

Maybe I have an opinion. Does that mean you want to hear it? Of course not.

What do you care what I think? You don’t care what I think? What do I care?

What do I care what you think? If you were thinking, you wouldn’t be listening to me hoping I’d tell you what to think.

Maybe you’re not even listening. How do I know there’s anybody out there? Maybe I’m talking into a microphone for no reason. Maybe somebody ought to write an editorial about that!

What makes somebody think that other people want their opinions? I can’t think of what makes them think that. Maybe that’s something I ought to think about.

No comments: