Sunday, November 06, 2005

Warren Beatty and Annette Bening Can Come to My Rally


Warren Beatty and Annette Bening got turned away at an invitation only rally for Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. I know how they feel. I wasn’t invited either. The Governor was making campaign stops all this weekend and Mr. and Mrs. Beatty were not invited to any of them. Me either.

I can understand why I wasn’t invited, but what does it say about the state of our state when our celebrities are excluded from airport hangers? If Warren Beatty and Annette Bening can’t get into a party where they would have been the most interesting guests, what hope do the rest of us have? Can you imagine if I had tried to get into that party? The bouncer would have been like, “Hey, pal, I just turned away Warren Beatty and Annette Bening. What was your name again?”

What kind of a world do we live in where people think they can treat celebrities like this? These aren’t just people, they’re movie stars. These people are famous. Maybe if Mr. Beatty had started rapping like he did in that movie, they would have let him in. Maybe the guy at the door didn’t know who he was. This is no way to treat a celebrity, let alone two celebrities.

I feel bad for Warren Beatty and Annette Bening. It makes me want to hold a rally just so I can invite them---as long as they don’t bring any big signs, or the other people who were on that bus with them. I have nothing against the other people, but I don’t think they were famous. They’re on their own.

Still, the next time Warren Beatty and Annette Bening have a party, I bet I won’t be invited. I don’t blame them. After all, I’m not a celebrity.

No comments: